Understanding How Information Is Collected on Farmhouse Rooms
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
If you choose to provide information, including personal data, we may gather it directly from you. When you join up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site, for example, you may give us your name and contact information (such as an email address), as well as your date of birth and other personal information.
When you participate in forums, conversations, or other Interactive Services on the Site, you may also opt to disclose personally identifying information about yourself. Please be aware that any information you publish on the Site may be viewed or captured by anyone who sees it; as a result, you should avoid posting sensitive or personal information that you would not want the public to see.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Farmhouse Rooms
When you visit the Site, we and our third-party partners may use tools like cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to automatically gather information about your visit. When you visit the Site, your IP address, operating system characteristics, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, and clickstream data may be gathered automatically (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information collected automatically by each of us with other information about you, including information you voluntarily supply.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are tiny files that websites and other online services use on users’ computers to store information about them. Cookies (HTTP and HTML5 cookies, for example) and other types of local storage may be used on this site. Visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for additional information about cookies. To learn more about how to limit or disable cookies on your computer, see the section below titled Your Options. If you opt to disable cookies, you may experience issues with certain sections of the Site that rely on cookies to function properly.
We may use tags (sometimes known as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send you to manage our automatic data collecting. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to specific web servers and their cookies, and they can be used for a variety of things, including counting the number of visits to the Site, evaluating how users browse around the Site. Also, the types of information we collect include determining how many emails we send are actually opened, as well as determining which articles or links visitors see.
On the Site, we also utilize third-party web analytics services like Google Analytics to supply us with statistics and other information on users.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the data we collect on Farmhouse Rooms for a variety of reasons, including those indicated below. For example, if you contact us with a query and offer your email address, we will answer to your enquiry using the email address you provided. Furthermore, we utilize the data we acquire from you and through the Site to:
- Provide you with the items and services you’ve requested (for example, when you sign up for our email newsletters);
- Respond to user requests, questions, and comments, as well as give other forms of user assistance;
- We may send you marketing emails about products and services, or we may direct you to parts of this Site or other websites that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To serve you ads, information, and offers from us or third parties based on your interests and online activity;
- Inform you about events, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, and manage your participation in them.
- Execute, evaluate, and improve our business (including, but not limited to, developing new features for the Site, analyzing and improving the user experience on the Site, evaluating the success of our marketing and advertising, and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics on the Site’s usage (such as market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Protect yourself from identity theft, fraud, and other illegal activities, as well as claims and other liabilities.
- Comply with all applicable laws, law enforcement requests, and company regulations;
How We May Share Information
To carry out work on our behalf, our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to the information we collect through the Site. Those parties are bound by stringent confidentiality obligations and are prohibited from using personal information received through the Site for any purpose other than providing the requested help. We may also disclose the following information:
- We may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address for marketing purposes, such as social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers; for example, we may use such a match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- If a law, regulation, or legal procedure (such as a court order or subpoena) requires us to do so;
- In response to demands from government entities, such as law enforcement agencies, for example, to meet national security standards;
- If we believe that disclosing information is necessary or reasonable to avoid physical harm or financial loss, or in the course of an investigation into alleged or confirmed illicit behaviour;
- In terms of analytics and statistical data, to provide advertisers with information on the nature of our user base;
- If we sell or transfer all or part of our firm or assets, we will make a profit (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In this case, we will attempt to provide you with commercially reasonable notice of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information, such as by email and/or notice on our website.
- With your permission or at your option.
Data Retention and Access