Other styles of exterior design have been around for decades. But the industrial farmhouse exterior style has only been around for about a decade. This design made a lot of noise when it first came out. But then it has since become one of the most popular exterior styles in both the east and west.
Its rough, unpolished look stands in stark contrast to the smoother, cozier shapes. Just because of this, someone might feel at ease and at home. Hence, Farmhouse Rooms is giving you 9 ideas for the outside of an industrial farmhouse.
What Is The Industrial Farm Definition?
The industrial farmhouse is a popular design style. It mixes elements of both the industrial and farmhouse styles. These were popular in the past. Industrial farmhouse decor mixes hard and soft, old and new. It also mixes cold and warm finishes, textures, exteriors, and decorations. It makes designs that are modern and comfortable. They also have a timeless quality that comes from the history of the world.
Key Elements Of Industrial Farmhouse Exterior Style
- Priority should be given to raw materials such as brick, metal, glass, concrete, and timber.
- Simple, powerful, clear lines are preferred in architecture, fixtures, and décor.
- Don’t have to use drywall to hide plumbing, ductwork, wiring, and other parts of a building. It can put them on display.
- Some of the building’s original parts should be kept. It looks like walls made of exposed brick, ceiling beams made of rough wood, and windows with a metal grid. It also has polished concrete floors that have been kept and are on display.
- Materials used for a long time often have a patina that shows their history and where they came from.
- Newer buildings that don’t have a lot of history may use salvaged or new materials made to look old.
- The colors are usually dark, like black, brown, and gray, but they can also be lighter, like white or beige.
- Subway tiles are often used on the industrial farmhouse exterior. The tiles look more industrial, though, because of the black grout.
- The fixtures are black metal, oil-rubbed bronze, or copper.
Modern Farmhouse Elements
- A lot of the modern farmhouse style is based on natural materials like wood and stone. Cotton, rattan, linen, and linen are also standard.
- Neutral color schemes are white or neutral shades of cream, beige, or gray.
- White subway tiles will cover the walls. The countertops will be marble, and the appliances will be stainless steel. Also, sinks, fixtures, and white Shaker-style cabinets and walls.
- Reclaimed, salvaged, and weathered materials and finishes. It gives the house a sense of history that makes it look like a real farmhouse.
- Often, the outside of a modern farmhouse has vintage, antique, or reproduction items. It can be like farm signs, wrought iron objects, or tools. It also has decorative garden tools like cake molds or train wheels that look like they are from the past.
You might love: 19+ Best Scandinavian Farmhouse Exterior Remodeling Ideas
9 Wonderful Industrial Farmhouse Exterior Designs
Deck It Out: A Modern Industrial Farmhouse
An Industrial Farmhouse Exterior With A Stone Chimney
Extend The Industrial Farmhouse’s Porch With A Pool
We’ve talked about the benefits of adding a porch. But there’s one more way to improve the outside space with something that makes you think of summer. A back porch with a pool is a great place to have a party with family and friends until Labor Day.
With all of these trees around them, these small stairs and an open porch by the pool may look like a spa. What looks best will depend on the look you want to achieve. It is very important to keep the industrial farmhouse exterior looking the same.
An Industrial Farmhouse’s Exterior Features Sophisticated Brick
The painted brick shines, and you’ll fall in love with the same level of luxury in your design style. It could make the rest of the industrial farmhouse exterior look better.
The same can be said about a lot of the other ideas on this list. Cohesion is very important if you want to look better. The upper deck, or balcony, separates the top and bottom floors. They make the building look much taller.
Also, the black trim on the windows and doors makes the house look more elegant. Your industrial farmhouse will look like it’s worth a million dollars if you add a few more details. Read on for more ideas about how to decorate the outside.
Related: Update: 21 Best French Farmhouse Exterior Ideas To Upgrade
For An Industrial Farmhouse Exterior, Stone Is The Way To Go
The stones have been there for hundreds of years for a reason. Few things are better for building a house than wood. Even though it is rarely used on the outside, it may be set up and ready to do other things.
Stone can be used for more than just trim and small details. You can add it to more of your surroundings. You may be able to make your industrial farmhouse exterior look much more real. You can try out different shades of stone, or you can stick to a small number of colors for a more uniform look.
Is Your Industrial Farmhouse Causing Horizontal Vision?
A horizontal line makes the building and the groundwork work well together. That’s not the only reason it looks good. Horizontal siding is a great choice for old farmhouses because it was used on barns and farm homes.
Horizontal siding has a classic look and is easy to recognize. This nod to the look of an industrial farmhouse exterior will never be out of style.
Constructing Your Industrial Farmhouse Exterior
Planks And Battens For A Modern Industrial Farmhouse Exterior
Its cool style goes well with the metal roof and beautiful landscaping. Whiteboards, black windows, and black steel go well with board and batten. Who says you can only use one material when two look just as good? Industrial farmhouse exterior designs can be put together in different ways. It saves money on the total cost of a project.
It also gives the story depth and interest. Stucco is a cost-effective and durable cement design. This material is long-lasting and looks good with board-and-batten homes. If you want more ideas for the outside of your next farmhouse, keep reading. You can get ideas from them.
The Purchase Of A Gable Roof
Your child’s art could come to life and have the same industrial farmhouse exterior style. Is that why everything looks like it’s been seen before?
- The Best 1900 Farmhouse Exterior Design: 19+ Wonderful Ideas
- 22 New European Farmhouse Exterior Design Ideas To Inspire
The 9 ways to improve the industrial farmhouse exterior are listed above. Farmhouse Rooms wants to give you all the information you need. These are to turn your farmhouse into a space that is both industrial and stylish.